Skills Practice – Rescues
Join us for an evening of rescues!
This is a free WMCKA member event and is open to the public for a nominal fee.
Michigan's lakes are a huge draw for both tourists and locals. However, the great lakes can also be finicky and perilous to an unprepared kayaker. We'll review some safety topics and spend the evening on the water. This should be a fun PLAY session with lots of opportunities to experiment and learn.
- Assisted Rescues: T-Rescue, bow rescue
- Self Rescues: Scrambling, Paddle floats
- Practice Rolling
We will be practicing these valuable skills in preparation for the paddling season.
- Paddle Float (if you have one),
- Type III PFD
- Bilge pump (if you have one)
- Sprayskirt (if you have one)
- Change of clothes and Towel in the car
We're sorry, but all tickets sales have ended because the event is expired.
Skill Practice - Rescues
June 29, 2022
6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Venue: Gun Lake Boat Launch - Yankee Springs
3198 State Park Dr, Middleville, Michigan, 49333, United States