2024 WMCKA Kayak Symposium
Please join us for WMCKA's 33rd Sea Kayaking Symposium, held from May 24th-27th, 2024, at Camp Pendalouan - Muskegon County, MI.
The symposium fills up fast - we encourage you to register early. Online registration for WMCKA's Symposium is available until May 17th, 2024.
Preregistration is required for each attendee.
- New this year, your meals (8) are included in the cost of the symposium.
- Be sure to select the appropriate Program (Adult or Youth) and lodging for all attendees you are registering.
- Enter all the adult participants' names, ACA membership, and email addresses.
- Your youth will have free access to our youth boats when they register for the youth program.
- Upon receipt of your registration form and payment, we will send you a confirmation statement (via email).
- WMCKA members are eligible for registration fee discounts. If you are not yet a member, register here first.
- If you are a WMCKA member and can't see the Member ticket, ensure you are logged into the website.
- We must have each attendee over 18 fill out a waiver before the Symposium. Please use this LINK to complete the waiver.
- You will be given two options: ACA Member or Non-ACA Member.
- Select the option that applies to you.
- A limited number of tickets are available for the Level 3 Training Course (BCU Sea Kayak Award/ACA L3). Please review the BCU Sea Kayak Award/ACA L3 requirements before registering by going here.
- The Level 3 Training (BCU Sea Kayak Aware/ACA 3) will be requested when you complete the registration questionnaire. The Lead Instructor will review your answers to the questionnaire and notify you if you are approved to attend the class..
- Cancellation Policy: There is a $100/person non-refundable charge if cancellation is received after April 16, 2024. No refunds after May 6, 2024.
Venue: Camp Pendalouan
Venue Website: www.pendalouan.org
Address: 1243 E. Fruitvale Rd., Montague, Michigan, 49437, United States
YMCA Camp Pendalouan on the shores of Big Blue Lake offers a quiet, rustic setting and unparalleled service for groups from throughout Michigan and the Great Lakes region. We are located near Muskegon, Michigan, on over 150 acres of mature oak-pine forest, adjacent to the Manistee National Forest and the White River.
Summer camps, seasonal events, weekend camps, school programs, and group retreats highlight our camping program at Pendalouan. And our success as a four-season camp dates back to 1925.
As a YMCA camp, we have access to national standards for developing character as well as host of other assets. We maximize our resources through soliciting and acting on parent evaluations, following state guidelines, and maintaining the highest possible standards established by the American Camp Association.